HYBRID SUMMIT ACCESS 2023
We are looking forward to coming back to Washington D.C to the Georgetown Marriott on May 16, 2023. The Summit App is now open and if you are registered you can log in to your account using the instructions below.
As a hybrid event we aim to maximise the experience for all Summit participants, whether you are joining us in Washington, watching the Summit virtually or viewing the presentations and panel discussions, later on-demand.
All registered Summit participants now have access to the event app (Whova) where they can view the Speaker ppt. slides, follow and contribute to the Summit chat/discussions, participate in polls and submit questions for the panel debates. If you have not registered you will not be able to access the Summit.
For those that are joining virtually you will be able to follow the Summit via a “Live Stream” as per the Agenda (US EST).
Videos of speaker presentations and the panel discussions will be added to the virtual platform within 24 hours of the live event for you to watch/re-watch later. The app will be live for 3 months after the event.
Full details and joining instructions will be sent to all registered delegates by May 10. If you have not yet registered, you need to do so here – You must use the same email address for your registration as your Whova account.
If you have any queries about the Summit or how to participate please contact Smooth Events email@example.com or call +44 (0)7949 088306
REGISTERED DELEGATE JOINING INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Download/access Whova
You can watch the Summit on either a desktop or mobile/tablet but you must first set up a Whova account.
- To Watch on Desktop: Please follow this link or paste this URL to your browser: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/eciga_202305/
- Please use a modern browser such as Microsoft Edge/Chrome. Internet Explorer is NOT recommended.
- To Watch on Mobile/Tablet: You’ll need to download the mobile/tablet app from your app store or marketplace , search for Whova.
Step 2: Set up your Whova account
Once you have accessed the webpage or app click “sign up” and enter the email address you registered with and create a password. You will now have access to the Summit. You will have the opportunity to add a photo and edit your profile.
- Logging in: If you’ve received joining instructions from us, you are registered for the event. When accessing Whova ensure you’re using the same email address you registered for the event with.
- Already have Whova App installed: When you have Whova installed already, it doesn’t always recognise that you’ve been added to the attendee list for this particular event. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will usually rectify this, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code which will allow you to enter
- Troubleshooting: Most technical glitches (eg no sound, can’t see a session etc) are fixed when closing down the app or web browser window and re-opening again. And/or, if accessing via desktop, by ensuring you use the chrome browser. You must have cookies enabled on your PC/device.
- Some academic institutions in particular have strict firewalls in place, which restrict or prohibit access to event platforms like Whova. If this is the case, you may wish to use a tablet or mobile to access the Summit – we recommend you attempt to log-in before the Summit, so that you can check whether everything works OK and seek support if you are having any difficulties.
JOINING US IN WASHINGTON
The Marriott Georgetown is ideally located in downtown Washington DC, between Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle, with easy access for local and international airports and local train stations. Full details of the hotel and its facilities can be found HERE
The Summit will take place in the Ballroom on the 1st floor of the Georgetown Marriott Hotel – please take the escalator directly to the ballroom, from the hotel lobby, where our registration team will be waiting to welcome you.
The Georgetown Marriott Hotel address is:
1221 22nd Street NW
District of Columbia 20057
We very much look forward to meeting you in Washington or on-line and hope you find the Summit both interesting and enjoyable. If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com or call +44 (0)7949 088306