VIRTUAL USA SUMMIT ACCESS 2021
Although we are disappointed that we won’t be able to see you in person, we are looking forward to bringing you the virtual US E-Cigarette Summit 2021.
The Summit will be broadcast live on 25 and 26 May 2021, on US Eastern Time. However, pre-recorded presentations will be made available to regisetered delegates 24 hours before the Summit starts, to allow those on different time-zones to submit questions to the panels. All content, including the Q&A sessions will then be available for registered participants for 6 months after the event.
The Summit will be utilising a dedicated virtual platform that will allow you to follow the programme in real time or watch back later on-demand. The interactive platform will enable you to ask/answer questions during the debates and presentations, network with other delegates, set your own profile/ contact preferences and much more.
Full details and joining instructions have been sent to all registered delegates. If you have not yet registered, you need to do so here – we can then send you your access details. You will only be able to access the virtual event if you have registered.
If you have any queries about the Summit or how to participate please contact Smooth Events firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 208 241 2249
ACCESSING THE SUMMIT – REGISTERED ATTENDEES
The Virtual E-Cigarette Summit is hosted on a secure, dedicated virtual platform called Whova. Below are instructions on how to confirm your account and join the event.
These instructions are for registered attendees only. If you have not already registered for the Summit, please do so here.
Whova will only allow access to confirmed attendees. To avoid problems accessing out-of-hours when we are less able to support you, we strongly urge all registered attendees to follow the instructions below, on Monday 24 May, so that you are confident you are able to then access the Summit at your convenience.
If you are having urgent problems you can phone +44 (0) 7949 088306 or + 44 (0) 7796 99 2602 and we will do our best to respond. Please be considerate that this is in UK time zone.
Step 1: Download/access Whova
You can watch the Summit on either your desktop or on your mobile/tablet but you must first set up a Whova account.
- To Watch on Desktop: Please follow this link or paste this URL to your browser: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/eciga_202105/
- Please use the Chrome browser. Internet Explorer is NOT recommended.
- To Watch on Mobile/Tablet: You’ll need to download the mobile/tablet app from your app store or marketplace , search for Whova.
Step 2: Set up your Whova account
Once you have accessed the webpage or app click “sign up” (see arrow below), enter the email address you registered with and create a password. You will now have access to the Summit. You will have the opportunity to add a photo and edit your profile.
- Trouble logging in: If you’ve received joining instructions from us, you are registered for the event. When accessing Whova ensure you’re using the same email address you registered for the event with.
- Already have Whova App installed: When you have Whova installed already, it doesn’t always recognise that you’ve been added to the attendee list for this particular event. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will usually rectify this, or you can email email@example.com for an access code which will allow you to enter
- Technical/sound problems: Most technical glitches (eg no sound, can’t see a session etc) are fixed when closing down the app or web browser window and re-opening again. And/or, if accessing via desktop, by ensuring you use the chrome browser.
- Another common problem is not having cookies enabled on your browser – please ensure cookies are enabled. Some academic institutions in particular have strict firewalls in place, which restrict or prohibit access to event platforms like Whova. If this is the case, you may wish to use a tablet or mobile to access the Summit – we recommend you attempt to log-in on Monday 24th May, so that you can check whether everything works OK and seek support if you are having any difficulties.
- If you’re still having difficulties please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org